Created in the Polyvore iPhone app. http://www.polyvore.com/iPhone
Hey, girlies! Keily here! I've been really inactive lately, huh? Well, I'm sorry about that! :/
Anyways, next week, I'm auditioning for the dance team at my school! Exciting, eh? It's my first time auditioning, and I'm extremely nervous and excited. However, I'm confident that I'll make it!
Now, I know what you're thinking. If this is my first time auditioning, what do I know? Well, I actually know an awful lot, considering that most of my best friends are in the dance team, I was a studio dancer, and I've been preparing for these auditions since January. Also, today, I attended a mandatory meeting for all those who are auditioning, and I got information on the auditions.
1. Ask questions. Don't be afraid to go up to the dance coach to ask her questions. Not only will you get answers, but she'll see that you're really interested in this, which might mean bonus points!
2. Go to any meetings that you need to go to before the auditions. In these meetings, you'll find out what will happen if you make it, what will happen during the auditions, how long the auditions last, ect. These meetings are extremely important!
3. Ask members of the team for advice. Ask them what the coach likes and what you should do in order to make it.
4. Prepare yourself physically. If you know that the coach likes flexibility and girls that know how to do turns, practice all of that at home!
5. Look at yourself in the mirror while you dance and tell yourself that you're great! This is a big confidence booster!
6. Find someone to audition with. It's always great to have a buddy by your side at auditions, but while actually auditioning, pay no mind to them. Pay attention to what YOU'RE doing.
7. Know what you have to wear. If possible, try to obtain clothes that you can move in. Not pajamas. Maybe leggings and a t-shirt. It depends what type of audition it is. If it's a school audition, just wear leggings and a t-shirt or if you have dance clothes, wear that!
8. Prepare a bag. Obviously, you can't go to a dance audition unprepared. If its a school dance audition, pack a bag with your clothes, shoes, bobby pins, hairspray, hair ties, perfume, a brush, and other stuff! You want to go to the auditions looking as clean as possible. If it's a studio audition, wear dance clothes and take all the things I mentioned above, minus the clothes.
9. Be confident and have fun. Duh! Smile while you're dancing and practice at home! You could be nervous, but confidence is key!
I hope this helps!
Keily // @summerkisses-Keily xx